Thursday, February 18, 2010

Kahlua Cake

After a recent routine visit to the dentist I learned that I had several issues that would need attention over multiple visits and would cost over $1200 in total. They are the nicest dentist staff ever, and each time I went, they took $100 off here, $75 off there and just said it worked out better that way. I didn't question their accounting methods but appreciated the discount. On my last of 4 visits, as a thank you (and hoping they might take more off the bill) I baked a Kahlua Cake. My Mom had brought one to the staff at Christmas time and they were still talking about it months later. When I walked in the office with the cake, cheers came from the front desk. The receptionist called the dentist to the front to see what I had brought. He smiled from ear to ear and went to get a knife. Hygienists were coming out of the back, and crowd was gathering around the moist, delicious bundt cake. I thought it was only a matter of time before they hoisted me up, carried me around the office on their shoulders and put my bill through the paper shredder. Who needs Obama's public option, I've got Kahlua cake! Sadly, it didn't exactly work out that way, but they did love the cake and they did give me a small friend discount. They are still the nicest dental office ever. Here is the recipe....Ingredients:

1 package yellow cake mix

1 small package instant chocolate pudding

4 eggs

3/4 cup water

1 cup oil (canola or vegetable)

1/4 cup vodka

1/4 cup Kahlua

Directions:

Blend all ingredients together with a hand mixer until smooth. Pour into a greased bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes. You can also use mini bunt pans, cup cake tins, etc., but keep your eye on it as it won't need to bake for as long, maybe 25 minutes? Just keep checking on it. Let cool in the pan. Turn upside down on a plate and it will easily fall out of the pan. Sprinkle with powered sugar and serve with vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment