1 cup long grain white rice (I used brown rice)
2 inch long piece of fresh ginger, peeled, and cut into rounds (not too small b/c you will be removing them later), plus 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
1 2/3 cups low salt chicken broth
1 1/3 cups chopped fresh cilantro
1 green onion, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
1 teaspoon (or more) rice vinegar
1. Combine rice and ginger rounds in a large saucepan.
2. Add broth, and sprinkle with salt
3. Bring to boil, stirring often.
4. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until rice is tender and broth is absorbed, about 18 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, combine chopped cilantro, green onion, and minced ginger in food processor. Add both oils and vinegar (I didn't have sesame oil and used olive oil instead and it turned out fine).
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. When rice is cooked, remove from heat. Remove ginger rounds, and mix in cilantro mixture.
I added chopped carrots and cooked them with the rice. Delicious.